April 15, 2013 in Recipes - American
BLUE CHEESE - WALNUT GREEN BEANS
- 1 pound(s) green beans, trimmed _ 1/4 cup(s) water
- 2 teaspoon(s) extra-virgin olive oil _ 1/4 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) freshly ground pepper _ 1/3 cup(s) crumbled blue cheese
- 1/3 cup(s) toasted chopped walnuts (see notes)
1. Bring green beans and water to a boil in a large skillet. Reduce heat to a simmer, cover, and cook until the beans are just tender, 3 minutes. Uncover and continue cooking, stirring occasionally, until the water has evaporated, 3 to 4 minutes more.
2. Add oil, salt, and pepper to the pan and cook, stirring, 1 minute more. Transfer the beans to a large
bowl and toss with blue cheese until well coated. Sprinkle each serving with walnuts.
Notes: To toast: chopped or sliced nuts, stir constantly in a small dry skillet over medium-low heat until fragrant and lightly browned, 2 to 4 minutes.
Recipe from www.delish.com